91026 Apply Numeric Reasoning in Solving Problems
This course covers the things you'll need to know and be able to do for achievement standard 91026.
In it you'll learn how to do the following:
- Use prime numbers, factors, common factors and multiples, powers and roots.
- Extend powers to include integers and fractions.
- Understand operations on integers.
- Use rates, ratio and proportion.
- Reason with linear proportions.
- Apply direct and inverse relationships with linear proportion.
- Understand operations on decimals.
- Know commonly used fraction and decimal conversions.
- Know and apply standard form, significant figures, rounding, and decimal place value.
- Understand operations on percentages.
- Know commonly used fraction, decimal, and percentage conversions.
- Apply everyday compounding rates.
How you'll learn
People learn in different ways. This resource contains a range of images, videos and interactive activities to help you learn. You will also find activities designed specifically for you. These activities use an artificial intelligence (AI) tutor called AMY.
Self-paced learning – There are ‘suggested’ times for each page; these are just a guideline. You might find that you are able to move quickly through some activities; and others take longer. Plan your learning to suit you.
AMY activities – Throughout this course there are activities provided by AMY. AMY’s activities are designed to take you step-by-step through each question so that you can show you understand the steps in each process. Each AMY activity box will give you five sets of questions. When you’ve mastered the concept, you’ll receive a message that says ‘Well done. You have finished this assignment.’ AMY knows what you’ve done before so she’ll learn what questions you need.