91177 Interpret accounting information for an entity that operates accounting subsystems
This course covers the things you'll need to know and be able to do for achievement standard 91177.
In it you'll find answers to questions like:
- How do we calculate and explain profitability analysis measures to include:
- percentage change from one year to the next
- change in dollar amount from one year to the next
- mark-up percentage
- gross profit percentage
- expense/cost percentages
- net profit percentage
- return on equity percentage
- rate of return on total assets percentage.
- How do we interpret, and explain the meaning of analysis measures and identify trends, including:
- explaining possible reasons for trends
- commenting on the adequacy of the measure
- using comparative figures and theresults of analysis to identify trends
- identifying possible consequences of a continued trend
- linking analysis measures to other financial information
- making links between analysis measures
- making recommendations about how areas of concern may be improved and justifying how those recommendations will help to fix a problem.
- How do we calculate analysis measures such as:
- measures of liquidity
- current ratio
- liquid ratio
- measures of financial stability
- equity ratio
- measures of management effectiveness
- inventory turnover
- age of accounts receivable.
How you'll learn
There are a variety of ways you can learn and interact with the materials in this course.
Self-paced learning – the material is set up so you can learn at your own pace. Although there are 'suggested' times for each page, they're just a guideline - plan your learning to suit you.
Practice activities – throughout this course there are short activities. These activities are for you, not for someone to mark them. These activities give you a great chance to practise what you've learned and compare your answer to the model feedback. Look at the feedback carefully to see if you have missed out any aspects from your answer.